Diatomaceous earth, nighttime turnout, weaning, and more!
Questions answered in this episode:
1. At what age does a mare begin going in heat?
2. What are the benefits for turning a horse out at night vs. during the day? A horse at my lesson barn has been going out at night per her vet’s suggestion and I am curious why. Thank you so much for the videos, Dan and Dr. Gray!!
3. I want to leave a muzzle on my pasture kept mare 24/7. I have issues, regardless of brand, with rubbing. Any suggestions?
4. Does DE (diatomaceous earth) powder actually help prevent worms, as well as killing the larvae?
5. What age would you recommend weaning a mini colt? Can late weaning cause health issues?